Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Healing Prayer

A Healing Prayer

Great Mother, look upon this beautiful blue world and see her wounds. I have left scrapes, scars and open sores across the land, sea and skies. I cannot roll back the pages of time and make the ugliness go away, but I can learn from my mistakes. Help that process to begin in my heart today, and every day.

Teach me to hear the whispers of the wind, the welcome of the waves, the symphony of the cosmic lights, the reveling of the rain, and all the other voices of the elements as they join in the chorus of life. Teach me to honor those voices, and those of all Earth's creatures, and treasure them with reverance. Give me the strength, vision, and wisdom I need to become a good caretaker for the sacred space of Earth. So Be It.

This version adapted from a prayer posted by Feona Willow at Kuan Yin's Temple and Garden