Monday, May 25, 2009

A Thousand Lambs

A Thousand Lambs


A thousand lambs shall be slaughtered
to create the emptiness which, from I,
moves death to lift the Bane of Minos,
all appeals to live, in peace to die!

Cursed not by deeds but by words, mine was
the crime of the spoken murder, for I did
slay another with word alone, and with word
alone death did come. As surely as if I had
wielded a sword, bright eyes did turn dull and
glaze over, quick mind ceased to function, and
warmth drained from that smile in that
single moment I first said "Believe." For as
the essence of human is born into wonder and the
young eye lofts above meaning, long shall life
be who can see things anew, when knowledge
serves life and not points of view. On that day
when I first spoke of "Truth" then did "I"
die, this being that was me, and only the fading
echoes of thoughts thought long ago did serve as
the reminder of life once remembered, such
was my curse on the Isle of Minos, a
lesson of distant voices which harbor blackened
water. A blessing be upon ye, ye who look anew,
leave curses for the empty, the feeble blinded
who must sayeth "True."

No comments: