Monday, May 30, 2011

Not Now





Not Now



Memorial Day, 2009.
I was there.
I was at a coffee house.
I was with my intimate friends.
I was drinking coffee.
I was.

Memorial Day, 2010.
I was here.
I was in my cabin by a lake.
I was remembering my intimate friends.
I was drinking coffee.
I was.

Memorial Day, 2011.
I am still here.
I am in my cabin by the lake.
I am remembering remembering my intimate friends.
I am drinking tea.
I am.

Intimate friends.
once real, now Facebook.
I see them :-) and :-( and lol.
But I don't feel them smile.
I don't feel them frown.
I don't feel them laugh.
I don't feel them touch.
Except in my memory.

Memory.
Is old.
Not new.
Not now.

We are not together
exploring the universe
determining reality
searching for truth
enjoying life.

Not now.

How I miss Now
when I remember
Memorial Day.


No comments: