Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I Walk The Woods

I Walk The Woods

I spent the day
in moments
after noon
in a tree
on the trails
through the bush
singing the strings with my harp
to
avian tunes and insect drones
visiting
the Great Hemlock
incorrigible old giant in a forest
of new growth
saying "hello"
listening to stories
of tree times old past
and
commenting
on sunbeams across leaves
starfire playing like butterflys
whispering on the breeze from leaf to
leaf
stories of the universe
vast and marvelous
like the delightful arrangements
all around here
of fern, rock, water, moss, air and
tree
and on occasion
amid and atwixt
rubbing my grizzle and plucking
some notes on my strings
in bouts of ponderous thoughts
and waves of sound
rolling down hill
from farm machinery
tilling and toiling at
playing percussion
to the serious reality
the sparkling green calming
alive
in the sing song woods
emotively musical
loving and forgiving
wounded and defending.

No comments: