Monday, June 07, 2010

Mantras

This is a beautiful post written by Aquila ka Hecate, so wonderful that I had to re-post it here.
Click on the title to be brought to her blog.
I am not willing to be written in the Book of Life without you.


Mantras

"I am not willing to be written in the Book of Life without you."



So said the email I received yesterday from Integral Life. For some reason, this pricked up my inner ears.

I found myself that evening standing on the pavement outside my place of work, waiting for my partner, addressing everyone I saw in this way, internally, silently.

I may as well have said it out loud to them. The reaction was immediate - smiles, open-faced acknowledgements, a certain lessening of the veering-away we do to each other on the urban streets.

I then turned my attention to the poor captive Pin Oak growing beside me. Lifting my gaze to its top bare branches, I breathed "I am not willing to be written in the Book of Life without you" to it. And felt a slow-beat response of Love.

Next, the bulbs planted in the orderly flower gardens, then the Oil Seed trees drooping across the island. The Sparrows, the stragglers of non-migrated House Martins, and the ubiquitous Mynahs. "I am not willing to be written in the Book of Life without you"


From the car (12 year old Daewoo I finally bought for R20 000 on Monday), looking out at the dark blue sky, Venus and Saturn and Mars in a row, and: "I am not willing to be written in the Book of Life without you"

It's a good mantra.

And it's true. I am not willing to be written in the Book of Life without you. And you. And you. Without You, I am not willing at all.

And here's some more: We Are Everywhere

GROW BACK ALL OVER THE PLACE.


No comments: